Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Irony...

Alright....isn't it wonderful that the same month I decide I only need to blog once a month, I have blogged 3 times in the last week?! 

First of all, JT HAS HIS FIRST TOOTH! We just saw it on Valentine's Day. There was a day about a week ago that I did not think we were going to make it through. We knew he was teething, but I was so excited to actually see it! And I think there is another one coming in right next to it as well! So excited for our boy! He also received his first haircut this week. I don't think I was ready for it. I cried for about an hour after. He looks different and not so much like a baby anymore. It was a big step for all of us. Tommy was REALLY ready for it though. He kept saying, "He looks like Edgar Winners!" So...we did it for dad. I miss my baby's hair, but there is nothing I can do now! He is still my boy and still as handsome as ever. :)


Before his haircut....

After his haircut....

Tommy is also working really hard in school. He seems to really be enjoying is Communications class, which is his only class that is not online. I think he is doing an amazing job and working really hard. Poor guy is working full time, doing school full time, and trying to deal with a crazy wife and a teething baby who loves his daddy. I love my husband and I am so grateful for him and for the hard worker he is. I wish I could help him more and give him a break. He has supported me and JT a lot over the last year and a half and he needs a break. Since Christmas he has been rekindling his love for his trains. It's the end of February and his train is still set up from the beginning of December. He just is not ready to let it go yet. Which, I will admit sometimes frustrates me, but at the end of the day it makes him happy and gives him a break. So, I am trying to be more patient with him. He is getting pulled into twenty different directions and is blaming himself that he can't live up to the standards he has for himself. I, for one, could not be more proud of him!

Also, in the last few months, I have reconnected with some people from my past. Most of them are people that I had some arguments with before parting and, while I missed most of them, I was hesitant to open myself up to them again. Luckily, these ladies had the courage I didn't and reached out to me. I was wary, but I decided to give myself a chance to make things right and I could not be more grateful! Reconnecting with these women has opened me to some wonderful conversations and healing moments. I have learned things about myself that I do not know if I would have learned otherwise. I have not been able to see any of them in person yet, but I am looking forward to seeing them and catching up. There is an amazing beauty in forgiveness and I am very grateful that they were able to forgive me. :)

As a family, we also had the opportunity to celebrate Valentine's Day together. Tom had a whole day of surprises planned, which I must admit I am not the biggest fan of. I am sure it is frustrating for him when I get frustrated at his surprises, but part of me wonders if he secretly enjoys seeing me get all worked up about it. :) He's a good man. He arranged for his sister to watch JT and took me for a couple's massage! Which was amazing!! It was a real blast. I also had the time to reflect on how much I've changed over the past year. I was laying there, naked under the covers, and thinking, "Eh...I was naked on a table 8 months ago in front of WAY more people and totally exposed. This is no big deal." A year ago, I would have left all of my clothes on and told the poor massage therapist to work around it. haha! It is amazing what pregnancy and a c-section can do to a woman. I am proud of my body. This body made a baby. My body made another human being! And that is absolutely amazing to me. :) Anyway, after massages we had dinner at "The Garden" on Temple Square and it was DELICIOUS! Even JT was able to enjoy some mashed potatoes and bread. I always thought that I would have wanted to spend Valentine's without JT, but now I couldn't imagine it without him. He is a member of our family and has only ever added to the love that we feel for each other. After dinner, Tom had reserved a hotel room. It was amazing to have that time to ourselves. Even if we paid all that money just to soak in the jetted tub and watch the History Channel, it was time we got to spend together. I absolutely loved our Valentine's Day! It was beautiful and amazing and made me even more grateful for my family!



I guess that is all for now, maybe I will think of something else in the next couple of days! Haha. Now that I'm on a blogging binge, we will see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of JT looking in the mirror! Sorry I haven't been following- I guess I forgot to save it in my blog list. That will be remedied!! :D

    ReplyDelete