Thursday, February 13, 2014

Not All That Bad....

Have you ever had one of those days where NOTHING seems to be going your way? Well, that was today. Maybe it was because yesterday was such an amazing day, that the forces in the universe had to balance by making this THE worst day I have had had in a long time.

I had to do the bills (which is never easy), I didn't have time to take a shower, my son was clingy (which I sometimes secretly love), JT promptly covered me in green beans, and my husband and I were fighting...and no, I am not worried about admitting this. I don't know a couple on the planet (especially a married couple) that doesn't disagree sometimes. And, honestly, that was the worst part about today. I hate fighting with my husband. It turns my whole world upside down. We rely on each other so much (I guess probably I rely on him more often that not) and it's hard when I can't rely on him as much because we are both angry.

So what do I need?

Besides chocolate and binge watching TV shows....I need to remember the wonderful parts of today. And, for some reason, blogging helped me remember those. I originally started this post with the idea of venting, but as soon as I started listing all the reasons I was upset, I was reminded of all the reasons I shouldn't be.

You know what else happened today?

I went on a two mile walk with my son, just to prove to myself that I could. And I did. :)

I also realized that while I may not have the body that I wish I had, my body can still do a lot of things. And I am proud of it.

My son crawled all the way down the hallway and followed me around the house. Which made me feel loved. :)

I played with my son on the floor and we giggled about life.

I finished my husband's Valentine's Day present. Which I know he's going to love... :)

I ate pizza. :)

And THAT is why today is really not ALL that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment